Saturday 25 May 2024

YESTERDAY AND TOMORROW


YESTERDAY AND TOMORROW



In the depths of my soul, a battle rages on, 
Prejudices clouding, the light of dawn.
 I judge and I falter, trapped in my past, 
A prisoner of biases, that hold me fast. 
 In the collages of life, I weave my regrets, 
Each thread a misconception, each knot generates, 
A pattern of bitterness, staining my heart,
 Tearing me apart, tearing me apart. 
 But within me lies a flicker of hope, 
A promise to break free, to boldly cope. 
For I vow to rise above, to transcend the hate, 
To embrace understanding, before it's too late. 
 I'll shed these shackles of prejudice's weight, 
And stride towards a future, where love dictates.
 No longer confined by the ghosts of before, 
I'll spread my wings, and soar, and soar. 
 For the best version of me awaits in the mist, 
Untainted by judgment, in the journey I insist. 
I'll forge a path of empathy, where all can thrive,
 And in the mirror, I'll see the person I strive. 
 So let me be the change, let me be the light, 
Guiding others through the darkness of night. 
For one day, I'll stand tall, proud and true, 
Free from prejudices, and so will you.



BY GEETA BHANWALA

1 comment:

In the Still of the Night

  In the stillness of night, dreams drifted away, A peaceful embrace in the gentle display. Then a sound, sharp and jarring, tore through th...